It’s that time of year again and all the turkeys are coming over for dinner. But this year, the food coma will be especially wonderful. Tryptophan is good but THC is better thanks to Infused Thanksgiving Stuffing. Infused foods are a great way to enjoy the effects of cannabis without the smoke. When ingesting THC, keep in mind that it has a much slower onset, and at thanksgiving dinner, a second or third helping might leave on the couch for a lot longer. Our recipe for Infused Thanksgiving Stuffing is easy to make and will give you a comfortable dosage. Just make sure this stays at the adult table.
YIELD: Makes 8 (15mg THC) to 10 (12mg THC) servings
For more information on dosing scroll to the end of the post.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter plus more for baking dish
- 2 loaves good-quality day-old white bread, torn into 1″ pieces (about 10 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/2 cups 1/4″ slices celery
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 12ml of Plain Packaging Sativa oil
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Butter a 13x9x2″ baking dish and set aside. Scatter bread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until dried out, about 1 hour. Let cool; transfer to a very large bowl
- Meanwhile, melt 3/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and celery. Stir often until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add to bowl with bread; stir in herbs, Plain Packaging Sativa oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle in 1 1/4 cups broth and toss gently. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk 1 1/4 cups broth and eggs in a small bowl. Add to bread mixture; fold gently until thoroughly combined. Transfer to prepared dish, cover with foil and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre of stuffing registers 160°F, about 40 minutes. DO AHEAD: Stuffing can be made 1 day ahead. Uncover; let cool. Cover; chill.
- Bake stuffing, uncovered, until set and top is browned and crisp, 40-45 minutes longer (if chilled, add 10-15 minutes).
Note: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make this dish vegetarian-friendly.
That’s all there is to it to make Infused Thanksgiving Stuffing. With this dish on your table, everybody will be getting into the spirit of gratitude.
Dosage Information for Plain Packaging Sativa Oil.
A 40ml bottle of Plain Packaging Sativa contains a total of 1200mg of thc. If you were to use the entire bottle that would be equal to 120mg per person for a group of 10. That kind of dose is quite high and not recommended for those who are just starting out with edibles. The total legally allowable amount of thc in a package of edibles (chocolates, gummies, drinks, etc) is 10mg, which is usually a good reference point. This recipe can be adjusted to personal preference using the following math.
- 30mg/ml times a 40ml bottle equals 1200mg total.
- 30mg/ml times 20ml equals 600mg total.
- 30mg/ml times 10ml equals 300mg total.
- 30mg/ml times 5ml equals 150mg total.
These totals can then be divided by how many people will be enjoying the delicious stuffing! For example:
If you are using 4ml of oil (30mg/ml times 4ml), the total thc is 120mg. Divided by 8 people equals to 15mg per person.
Everyone is different and how much thc you require varies per person. Anything ranging between 10mg and 15mg per person is usually a good starting point!