Our site is www.thepotshack.ca
We want you to know that we respect your privacy. That’s why we’re committed to protecting it, ensuring your personal information is collected only where it is needed in order to provide service.
As you voluntarily interact with our site – setting up your account, verifying your age and more – we acquire this information, but we will only use it for the purpose for which it was collected. Please read on to learn more.
What is personal information?
This means information about an identifiable individual. It includes things like your name, address, date of birth, and telephone number.
Why we need your personal information
There are a number of reasons we need your info:
- We need it to verify you are 19 years of age or older, because an important part of our mission is to keep cannabis out of the hands of children and youth.
- We need it to ensure that you are purchasing cannabis products for yourself, and not others.
- And we need to it to ensure that your payments come from you, in order to minimize fraudulent purchases.
We also use your personal information to help enhance the shopping experience for yourself and others, using it for things such as:
- to process, verify, and deliver your orders;
- to better understand your product preferences;
- to track and analyze trends and patterns;
- to conduct and administer surveys;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to create aggregated information that does not allow you to be personally identified or contacted;
- to send communications;
- to tailor our online content to you based on your interactions with us and your preferences.
Authority for collecting your personal information
Where is my personal information stored?
Your information is stored in secure Canadian data centers, where access is limited to administrators with the password.
Information collected on site usage
We use a third-party analytics service to automatically collect a limited amount of information to assess this website’s performance and segment audiences who visit the website. In short, this is collected to help us make your experience with us better, finding out how users like yourself navigate through the site and what products are most popular. It is not used to create individual profiles nor is it used for commercial marketing purposes.
This information includes:
- the page from which you arrived
- the date and time of your page request
- the Internet domain name or IP address your computer is using to receive information
- the type and version of your browser
- the name and size of the file you request
Your Internet domain name or IP address may identify you depending in large part, on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their policies and practices in this regard. No personal information is collected by our analytics service.
Cookies and tracking technology
Cookies are small data files sent to your browser. They come in two types. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer’s hard-drive when you visit certain websites, while session cookies expire when you close your browser. We may use both at times. Session cookies facilitate your use and navigation of our sites, while persistent cookies identify your browser and IP (Internet Protocol) address, but do not collect personally identifiable information such as your name, address, and credit card data.
You can set your Internet browser to refuse to accept cookies from our website. Some browsers can be set to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when you receive cookies. If you choose to modify your browser, some pages of ThePotShack.ca may not function properly.
Links to related sites
If you have questions about the collection of this information please review our FAQs to see if you can find your answer there. If not, you may contact The Pot Shack customer service representative via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (306) 477-0420. Please note that we may monitor and/or record telephone discussions when you call us to enhance our customer service, for training purposes and to confirm our discussions with you.
Our main message to you?
The information we collect will not be used for any purpose other than that for which it was collected. Rest easy and pass the dutchie on the lefthand side.